Saturday 28 March 2015

My Easter Calligraphy Projects

For this project, I have created a couple of Easter time creations. The first one is a simple Easter card that I written in calligraphy using red ink a fine calligraphy pen and a small nib. I used a basic calligraphy style. I also drew a cross using a fine black biro. I first traced out an outline before drawing the cross. 



Easter, also known as Resurrection Sunday, is one of the most important religious date in the Christian calendar.  Jesus was crucified on Good Friday and his body was taken from the cross and placed in a tomb and on the third day, he rose again.  The week leading up to Easter is called Holy Week.  Maundy Thursday is the Thursday before Easter Day and Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter day.  Easter holidays are enjoyed by many and is a good time to have a go at some Easter art.


A Simple Easter Project for Easter Cards

For this Easter project, I have created a couple of Easter creations.  The first one is a simple Easter card that I written in calligraphy using red ink, a fine calligraphy pen and a small nib.  I used a basic calligraphy style.  I also drew a cross using a fine black biro.  I first traced out an outline before drawing the cross.  To do this, I used some plain paper, a hard nibbed pencil, such as a 2H, and a black pen.   For the ‘Easter time’ lettering, I used a broader nibbed calligraphy nib and ink.  For the cross, I simply mapped out a picture of the cross and drew it with black ink.

Many people celebrate Easter by giving chocolate Easter eggs or other gifts, but many would rather give out an Easter card during this time.  Easter is also associated with Easter chickens, or the Easter Bunny.  The Easter Chicken are associated with Easter because this came from Pagan days, when they were a sign of New Life.  Later on, the Christians took this meaning as a symbol of remembering the Resurrection of Jesus and a New Life.  Decorated eggs came from an older culture, where eggs were colored red to signify the blood of Christ at his crucifixion.  This tradition was adopted by Christianity.   The painted eggs are now replaced by chocolate eggs.

Other Easter Designs

There are many ideas that you can use for Easter, such as painting a picture of an Easter egg, an Easter Bunny, some daffodils or a religious theme.  Yellow is associated with Easter, and this color is related with the spring and longer days.

Designs for Easter Holidays
Other Colors of Easter for your Designs


There are other colors you can use for your designs in Easter time, such as Red, which represents the blood of Christ, Gold, which is associated with celebration and richness, and white, which represents purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment